email issues ibook 10.3.9

Reaction score
hello - i have 1mac ibook g4 10.3.9. i am having email issues - cannot send or receive. i have spoke with my internet provider and they say it is the fault of the computer. the error messages refer to the certificate (my computer date/time is accurate) and also an alert advising me that mail was unable to identify the server, i might be connecting to a computer pretending to me. can anyone help?

thanks,
jennifer

Reaction score
Wow, 3.9.

Did Mail use to work? Can you browse the web?

unable to identify the server
could you post some screen shots. Command - Shift - 4 will let you just select the message.

Who is your ISP? not xtra.

Reaction score
mail was working just fine. my safari and explorer crash, i cannot explore the web.
my posting here is on a pc. i would really like to fix my email problem as i prefer my mac mail over web access from another machine. my internet provider is bell canada.

thanks for your time!

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with your Mail, there is no way it will work if you can't get on the web.

Reaction score
i do have connectivity, my home page loads and i can load google and am successful with links within email. if i search for something on google it will crash when i load my selection.

thanks again for your time.

Reaction score
I guess I'm unsure wether the browser crashing isn't a sign that your network stack isn't actually crashing, I thing you may need to take it to an Apple Service Centre near you to get this problem resolved.

Reaction score
i have been having the issue with my browser - crashing - for some time and during this time i have been able to send/receive email, my issue with the emails just started about 2 weeks ago. i was just wondering if there was a way to disable or bypass the current warnings/alerts that i am receiving???

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Also to add to Kaveman's offering, try enabling a new user account and launch a fresh Mail.app and configure your email account to see if you have the same probs ... also check the browser to see if it still mucks up.

This approach helps us to determine if the issue is user specific OR System wide.

Ask a Question