I messed up my trash!

Reaction score
-EDIT- NVM all I had to do was restart my computer and it made a new trash, then I just deleted the other two old ones that were no longer hidden.

So I was looking to empty my trash using quicksilver when i accidentally clicked the icon for the trash bin and dragged it to my desktop. Since trash is a hidden folder i now had an extra hidden trash folder on my desktop.

So i went into spotlight and typed in trash and found the two .Trash folders, the one normally found in the home folder and the copy i accidentally made on my desktop.

In order to unhide the one on my desktop I renamed it without the period so it was just Trash. Somehow the other trash folder was renamed to Trash too.

Now when I try to rename it back to .Trash i get a message saying that the name is already taken by the system and can't be used.

I also can't delete the copy on my desktop and get error code 122.

Also when I empty my trash using the dock, it makes the noise and I don't get an error, but when i click the icon on the dock trash opens and there are still files in it!

How badly did I just mess up my computer? How could i fix this?
Any help would be appreciated

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

are you still having problems ?

Try emptying the trash with the option key held down to see if that helps to get rid of the stubborn files in there.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question