I messed up...big time. HELP!!

Reaction score
Okay first off, don't laugh when I tell you I am talking about my G3 Power PC 366mhz cobalt clamshell. I am running 10.3.9....

And not very well.

I did something really dumb. I did not read before installing a security update. A security update I now realize does not support 10.3.9. I am lucky I can get Firefox to work to get up here and ask for help.

This is what is happening. Things are quitting unexpectedly during start up. Like Adium, Mail and the Kodak Easy Share software for my brand new digital camera. (I am most upset about this) I haven't tried any other software I have, or even if I can plug in my flash drive to save my files. and oh **** system preferences won't even open!!

I don't think I installed the update that came out in Nov, and I am not sure if I can look anywhere on this machine to tell. Nothing is letting me in.

So now I have to ask, is there anything I can do?! Is there a do-over? A take it back? Am I going to have to dig up the disk and reinstall?

I am in quite a stressed panic over this, being a recent switcher and not computer dumb, but not as savvy as I could be.

I would appreciate any advice/help I can get for this issue. Thanks so much.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Okay first off, don't laugh when I tell you I am talking about my G3 Power PC 366mhz cobalt clamshell. I am running 10.3.9....

And not very well.

I did something really dumb. I did not read before installing a security update. A security update I now realize does not support 10.3.9. I am lucky I can get Firefox to work to get up here and ask for help.

This is what is happening. Things are quitting unexpectedly during start up. Like Adium, Mail and the Kodak Easy Share software for my brand new digital camera. (I am most upset about this) I haven't tried any other software I have, or even if I can plug in my flash drive to save my files. and oh **** system preferences won't even open!!

I don't think I installed the update that came out in Nov, and I am not sure if I can look anywhere on this machine to tell. Nothing is letting me in.

So now I have to ask, is there anything I can do?! Is there a do-over? A take it back? Am I going to have to dig up the disk and reinstall?

I am in quite a stressed panic over this, being a recent switcher and not computer dumb, but not as savvy as I could be.

I would appreciate any advice/help I can get for this issue. Thanks so much.

If you have the original install media then that's a bonus to you as you probably wouldn't be able to troubleshoot this issue very far without the disc/s that shipped with your mac.

Have a look through the info at this link and see if there's anything there that you can try. Let us know how you go with it.

I have 2 Clamshell's, 466MHz & 366MHz. I run Panther on the 366MHz and OS 9.2.2 on the other, without any problems. I love my clammies!

Ask a Question