I got a new monitor for my MBP, and now programs keep crashing

Reaction score
I just got a new 24" monitor for my MBP (2.4, June 2007, running 10.4.11), the first time I've ever used an external monitor with this computer. However, ever since I started using it, programs keep crashing. Safari and Word 2008 have especially been crashing, but that may be because those are the two programs I've used the most often.

Even stranger, Safari hasn't just been crashing, it's also frozen in weird ways. A couple times, the window was still there, and the Dock said that Safari was still responding, but the entire window was blank white. A completely white rectangle, with no buttons or anything else visible. Yet it was still functioning, since double-clicking on the top of it minimized the window into the dock. When I de-minimized it, I could see the window again, but the bookmark and tab bars were weirdly compressed.

A couple times I also noticed patches of "static" or dithering on my desktop.

Does anyone have any idea what could be doing this? Could there be something wrong with my graphics card?

Ask a Question