I Dropped My "Baby"

SwampWitch

Reaction score
My poor little MacBook fell about six feet, hit the floor on its corner, and landed upside down. :(

Our daughter is sick with a fever and she wanted to watch Futurama in her loft bed, and asked if she could use my laptop. When the episode was over, she called me and I climbed up the ladder and carried it down with a book and the DVD. It slid out and hit the floor! At least it was carpet.

And it seems to be working O.K.

So far.

*keeping fingers crossed*

Reaction score
Ooooo.....I feel bad for both your daughter and your computer.

The MacBooks are pretty tough. My sister keeps hers in a case that isn't designed for a MacBook and as a result, when she drops her bag, the computer hits the floor hard. Besides the scuffs and scratches, the hardware is totally fine. I'm sure if any hardware problems came up, you would have seen them by now.

I just bought a MacBook Air and I am not taking any chances with it. It goes into a sleeve then the sleeve goes into my backpack. I'm not going to let what happened to my MacBook Pro happen to my Air.

Reaction score
Hello SwampWitch.

See this thread:

https://www.mac-help.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2731

The good news is that I didn't have any hardware problems and I still don't and it's been a year now since this accident. I still haven't gotten it fixed yet either and at this point, I don't plan on it. It would cost me $700 to get it repaired. My dad said he'd buy it from me to use at one of his clinics to see if Macs would be useful there.

If he decides to buy it, he said he'd help me buy a new iMac 24".

Cheerio
Searay

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Oh no! I missed that thread. I'm glad it all worked out, though. And now you have your new Air!

Reaction score
Yes, and I love it too!!!

Seriously, it's an amazing machine. It's really fast too. I'll write up a review in a couple weeks or so here on mac-help about it.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question