How to send multiple files to an application?

Reaction score
Once an hour, I want to send the contents of a folder to an application. The application will not accept a new file while it is working, but will take a list of files to work on. I created an iCal workflow, and tried tying "Get Folder Contents" to "Open Finder Items" but the workflow seems to get processed one file at a time. Is there a way to send a list of files to an application from within Automator all at once, instead of one at a time?

Thanks

Reaction score
The Automator Script just sends a list of file paths and its up to the Apps script to decide how to accept those one by one or all at once. Nothing automator can do about it.

What App are you trying to script? iCal ToDos???

Reaction score
The Automator Script just sends a list of file paths and its up to the Apps script to decide how to accept those one by one or all at once. Nothing automator can do about it.

I don't know what you mean by "the Apps script." But it doesn't seem to be the case that Automator sends a list of files to the application. If I do this:
Code:
/usr/bin/open -a FineReader  file1 file2 file3
then I get the results I want. But if I do this in quick succession:
Code:
/usr/bin/open -a FineReader  file1 
/usr/bin/open -a FineReader  file2
/usr/bin/open -a FineReader  file3
then the application behaves exactly as in my Automator workflow.

What App are you trying to script? iCal ToDos???
The app I'm driving is called FineReader.

Ask a Question