How to do backup to a cd

Reaction score
iMac desktop 10.2.8.

I must be the dumbest person around, but I cannot figure out how to do backup to a cd. From the help menus it looks like I have to have a .mac membership. Is that right? Somewhere on the help menus it says to choose something from a popup menu. I can't find a popup menu. Where is that? For a year I had idisk, and I used to use that, but then around the 8th month that didn't work either. Confused.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello nellie ;)

Just put a re-writeable disc into your Macs drive and wait till the disc icon mounts on your Desktop.

Then find the file/s you want to back up, making sure that they will fit on the disc.

Drag the files from their location, be it a folder or your Desktop, drag them onto the disc icon then drag the disc icon down towards your Trash icon which is on the Dock.

The Trash icon will change to a Burn icon and you will be prompted to name the disc etc and to go ahead and click on Burn to start the process.

Hope this helps

Ask a Question