How to Delete Softwares that don't show in the applications folder?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

hope someone can help me with this.

Last week I installed a software called EpocCam (by Kinoni) because I was trying to use my iPhone as a webcam. It turned out I didn't need to use my phone as a webcam and trying to uninstall this program turned into a nightmare.

The program seems to always be on and can't be forced shut because it doesn't show in the "Force Quit" folder. It's on the top bar (by the wifi icon) and when I click on it the only two options I get are "video processing" and "help". I tried clicking on help which took me to Kinoni website where they said that I had to download an uninstaller to delete the program. Did that and nothing happened. They also had a code to put in the terminal in case the uninstaller didn't work. I tried that and it didn't work either.

The software doesn't show in the applications nor in the Macintosh HD folders.

I tried searching for EpocCam in finder and nothing showed. It's like this software doesn't exist in my computer because there's no trace of it, but it's still there.

Any thoughts on how I might get rid of it please?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, their uninstaller should work, or their directions for Terminal should.

I would contact their support, as they may have encountered this previously, and I had never heard of that software until your post.

Let us know what they say,

C

Ask a Question