Can't delete account!

Reaction score
I need to delete an old account from my 10.11.6 system. I go to User & Groups as Administrator, and enter my Admin password, and the account I want to delete is grayed out. I can't select it to delete it. Why is that so, and how do I remove that account??

Reaction score
Hi Dan
This may have been already done but in User & Groups as Administrator if the area is greyed out this is usually because the padlock icon is still locked, and why you cannot delete. Let me know if this has been done so I can suggest something else.

Reaction score
No, the padlock is unlocked. As I said, I entered my Admin password, and some accounts stayed grayed out.

Well, that's funny. I just tried it again, and now all accounts are not greyed out. That was a little bizarre. So I have succeeded in deleting the account that I couldn't before.

Is there some reason why accounts should remain greyed out when the padlock is unlocked?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Glad you got it deleted.

Not sure why they would remain greyed out when it is unlocked. Only time that should be, is if you are logged in with a Standard or Guest account, and not an Admin.

C

Ask a Question