Can't Delete Folder!!

Reaction score
I have a folder that is being a complete nuisance.. It won't stay away for the life of me. Here's what I've tried thus far.

• Deleting folder- It comes back upon opening program that uses the file.
  • Deleting folder and then Uninstalling and re-installing program- Once re-installed and opened, the folder and its contents start reappearing again.
  • Deleting folder via Terminal Sudo - upon opening program, the files start appearing again...
  • Delete using Secure Trash empty - upon opening program, the files start appearing again...
Can someone PLEASE HELP me get rid of this folder!!! The program that I am referring to is Final Cut Pro X. Until this folder is gone, the program will not function properly and will continue to freeze upon opening...Does anyone know how to resolve this problem????

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We'll need a little more information to help track this down:

-Mac model
-OS X version
-Final Cut X version
-Where is the folder appearing and what is it named?

We'll try and get this sorted.

C

Reaction score
Hi giftcolyer,

Cory is correct, in that supplying that information will help. Also, I recently found a potential gem of a program called "Trash It!" that could help you. You can download it from here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8214/trash-it!

It is compatible with OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and above. It just might solve your issue.

Reaction score
I've used that App cleaner one a couple times but it didnt get rid of all the folders and files that an app created after installation...

Reaction score
I've used that App cleaner one a couple times but it didnt get rid of all the folders and files that an app created after installation...

How many did it get rid of? Also, for the ones it did not remove, if you know where they are, may be the program Trash It! could help. I posted that link for that program above.

Ask a Question