How to de-partition hard drive(s) without Boot Camp

Reaction score
Originally my hard drive was partitioned into two separate internal HD's. I wiped one clean (the one with Windows 7) and my Macintosh HD didn't get the extra HD space that was on the windows. I spent time downloading partitioning programs and the only thing that they did for me was show me that the space from the Boot Camp partition is "free space". Unfortunately, I get a message from Boot Camp that won't allow me to use this free space. Instead, I can partition the Macintosh HD which had already been partitioned. I want to combine this "free space" which was once a partition with my Macintosh HD so I can utilize the entire harddrive space that originally came with my MBP 13 inch (320GB).

I've tried disc utility, although it won't let me expand the Mac HD to all the space in the actual HD.

What can I do to get ALL of my hard drive space back? I've even tried starting up my MBP with the installation disc, but that doesn't even work! It's driving me nuts and has consumed 80% of my day :eek:. If anyone can help me I'd highly appreciate it and consider you a genius!!!!!

Good day all :cool:

Ask a Question