Harddrive partitioning problems...

Reaction score
Hardrive partitioning problems...

So awhile back I tried to instal Ubuntu on my computer with Bootcamp, but later uninstalled it. I was having a bit of trouble getting it off so I removed a couple of linux-ey looking parts of the hardrive using Disk Utility. Now, a couple months later, I want to install Linux again, but I'm having a bit of trouble... When I open up bootcamp assistant I get this:
Boot Camp Assistant.png
And here is what my Disk Utility Screen looks like:
Monkey.png
Any ideas on what I could do to solve this?

Reaction score
I think Bootcamp does a little more than just partition the drive.

Looks like a reformat the drive and start again. I would just install it on and external drive, and duel boot in that.

Reaction score
Ensure you have a good backup, i.e. TimeCapsule or Carbon Copy Cloner, or others?

Boot off the DVD and and choose Disk Utility from the Menu.
Reformat, OS X (Journaled). Re-Install SL, Migrate in your Apps and User Accounts.

I have never found messing with Boot Camp or Multiple partitions good in the long term, far better to use additional Drives, Parallels or VM for these types of projects. IMO.

Reaction score
Thanks, I think reformat I'll the drive using the time machine backup I have, and then using the time machine hardrive for Ubuntu instead xD

Ask a Question