How do I down or copy itunes library to an Android phone

Reaction score
Hello,

I have upgraded to OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5

I hope that somebody out there can help with my problem. I am more or less a computer technophobe. When I was working I used the computer on a need to know basis. My question is - How do you copy or download music from my itunes library to my android phone?.

This is what I have tried so far. System Preferences – Bluetooth – Bluetooth is on – my device is showing in the devices box. (my phones bluetooth is also on and is saying that it is paired with my computer).

My device (Android phone) on the computer drop down is showing not connected. When I click on the device it says ‘connected ‘for a moment and moves up to the last connected item which is the wireless keyboard. It then drops back down again saying not connected. A message appears on the main computer screen that say’s - 'Network is unavailable. Make sure network access is enabled'. How do I find out how to enable the network access. The internet is working. Is there a switch inside the computer that needs turning on or off to enable this function to work?

Thanking you in anticipation

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since Android devices aren't part of the Apple environment, it isn't as easy as syncing to an iOS device. And, because there are so many flavors/models of Android devices, it can be a multiple step process to get your music from iTunes onto an Android device.

Here are a few suggestions from Android Authority: How to transfer music from iTunes to Android

Of course, it depends on your model of Android phone and which version of the Android OS your phone is running.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I have upgraded to OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5

I hope that somebody out there can help with my problem. I am more or less a computer technophobe. When I was working I used the computer on a need to know basis. My question is - How do you copy or download music from my itunes library to my android phone?.

This is what I have tried so far. System Preferences – Bluetooth – Bluetooth is on – my device is showing in the devices box. (my phones bluetooth is also on and is saying that it is paired with my computer).

My device (Android phone) on the computer drop down is showing not connected. When I click on the device it says ‘connected ‘for a moment and moves up to the last connected item which is the wireless keyboard. It then drops back down again saying not connected. A message appears on the main computer screen that say’s - 'Network is unavailable. Make sure network access is enabled'. How do I find out how to enable the network access. The internet is working. Is there a switch inside the computer that needs turning on or off to enable this function to work?

Thanking you in anticipation

Thank you Cory for your reply.
Do you have a reason as to why as I stated in my post, 'the Network is unavailable. Make sure network access is enabled'......... I think it may be more to do with the computer than the phone being an android.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It sounds like the network it is referring to is the Bluetooth connection between the Mac and the Android. Unfortunately, I have never owned an Android device, and I do know that it can be quite tricky to pair via Bluetooth with Macs and PCs.

BTW - there isn't anything internal in the Mac that is user-serviceable...no switches at all.

Maybe one of the online Android forums could help you out?

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Everything you pretty much need to know can be found at the above link, I've done what you are attempting & that link provides a very comprehensive read, regarding methods & choices. Bluetooth is the messiest option I found.

Ask a Question