How do I create an event in Photos?

Reaction score
I was on snow leopard, then moved to El Capitan and now am on Sierra.
I was on IPHOTO and am now on PHOTOS
I have pictures going back many years that show events in the IPHOTO format. I would like to continue doing that.
Now, on Sierra, although I can see all my events, I cannot see how to create a new one. All the help stuff I have seen is not applicable.
So, from importing from the camera, how can I move selected pictures into a newly created event?
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Are you running macOS Sierra 10.12.5?
-Is Photos updated to version 2.0 (3150.4.120)?
-Do you have a lot of albums created?
-Did you perform View - Show Sidebar so you can see your albums in a list of the left side?

When you have newly imported images, you should be able to select all in Last Import, click the + and choose Album, Album: New Album, Album Name: whatever you want, then click OK. It will create a new album with the selected photos and title it the name you gave it. It will then show in the album list in the sidebar on the left.

Photos for Mac: What are albums?
iPhoto Events: Contains an album of photos for each iPhoto Event or Aperture Project if you upgraded an iPhoto or Aperture library to Photos.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Are you running macOS Sierra 10.12.5?
-Is Photos updated to version 2.0 (3150.4.120)?
-Do you have a lot of albums created?
-Did you perform View - Show Sidebar so you can see your albums in a list of the left side?

When you have newly imported images, you should be able to select all in Last Import, click the + and choose Album, Album: New Album, Album Name: whatever you want, then click OK. It will create a new album with the selected photos and title it the name you gave it. It will then show in the album list in the sidebar on the left.

Photos for Mac: What are albums?
iPhoto Events: Contains an album of photos for each iPhoto Event or Aperture Project if you upgraded an iPhoto or Aperture library to Photos.

Hope that helps,

C
Thanks Cory,
I was on sierra 10.12 but have now updated to 10.12.5
I am on photos 2.0
well, I think I have misunderstood the concept of albums, I thought (under iphotos) it was different to events, but it seems that it is now the same. I created a test album and was able to drag and drop it into my list of events, and it looks the same as all the others.
Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question