How can I restore my music playlists after Big Sur upgrade?

Reaction score
I upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur. I had a bunch of music playlists in iTunes, nearly all from my own CDs which I had copied to itunes. Now after the upgrade the music is still there but the playlists have disappeared. I use them to sync to my ipod to listen to in the car. I have a tm backup from just before the upgrade. Searching the web for an answer is very confusing! Can anyone tell me exactly what to do in order to get my playlists into the new Apple Music. BTW I have not subscribed to Apple Music, as so far I have not downloaded anything, and why should I pay a subscription just because I have upgraded to Big Sur? Thank you. Richard

Reaction score
I'd rather eat broken glass then do a OS upgrade. How they can create all this stuff, but, not keep it from upsetting your
workings of the system is beyond me.

Reaction score
I'd rather eat broken glass then do a OS upgrade.

That's pretty much my feeling too. With any software, a good rule of thumb is to not upgrade unless we have a specific reason for doing so. New and free is not a good enough reason. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. If things are working well, smile, be happy, and don't touch anything. :)

Ask a Question