Hide task bar

Reaction score
Hey, all! I'm new to Apple, trying to record webinars in Zoom but the task bar shows up in the recordings, hiding part of my Keynote. How can I hide the task bar? Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

However, it's the task bar at the top of the screen, the ribbon, that I need to hide. How can I do that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

So you mean the Finder menu bar? Catalina and Big Sur allow you to Automatically hide and show the menu bar in  > System Preferences... > General or  > System Preferences... > Dock & Menu Bar respectively.

C

Reaction score
Thank you again. I did find the option "Automatically Hide and Show the Menu Bar" in System Preferences > Dock and Menu Bar. Clicking on this or not makes no difference when it comes to hiding the menu bar (task bar) across the top of the screen. Apparently, I need some other option - but what would it be?

Reaction score
Hey, I called the ministry that requested I do these webinars. They had the answer for me! Praise God!

They told me to go to VIEW and click HIDE TOOLBAR. That worked - hope it helps someone else, too.

Reaction score
OK...

So you mean the Finder menu bar? Catalina and Big Sur allow you to Automatically hide and show the menu bar in  > System Preferences... > General or  > System Preferences... > Dock & Menu Bar respectively.

C
I am using MacOSMonterey and want to keep the Dock visible at all times...but I cannot find the Option to keep upfront on either Finder or System Pref. Help please.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The default is for the Dock to always be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Of course, it can be moved to either side, set to automatically hide and show, and will always be hidden by any apps that are in full screen mode.

You can find the preference settings in  > System Preferences... > Dock & Menu Bar

C

Ask a Question