Hi all. Video editing is what I love to do.

Sky

Reaction score
Hi all. Just a quick hello. I don't expect to much response which is fine. Everyone is busy.
As you can see from my tittle I've got into MAC's because of video editing which I enjoy doing and picked up a little work along the way which is my intention.
If anyone want to chat feel free to make contact, You can find me on here. https://www.minds.com/WikidVid_com and this is my latest creation.
Love & Peace always from the UK.

Reaction score
No response since 2017? Maybe this site is not what I need after all. I need help learning video editing. Do I have to go back to Windows?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There hasn't been a reply in this thread since then, because it is just a new member introducing themselves. Lufbrarunner did respond to your other post this morning. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

C

Reaction score
I've found Hitfilm to be a very useful video editor. It's available for both Windows and Mac, and last I checked they have a free version. I've been using a very old free version (Hitfilm 4 Express) for years now and it gets the job done for me.

If you're new to video editing you'll be happy to know their forum is extremely helpful. I haven't been there in a year or so, but when I was new to video advice offered on the forum was a crucial asset.

Hitfilm has both a composite mode (layer videos on top of each other) and editing mode (assemble a collection of videos along a time line).

I have no relationship with this company at all, just a happy user.

Another one of my favorite video apps is CrazyTalk, which allows you to animate (with sound) photos of faces. Windows and Mac. Not free, but very affordable, in the $30-50 range, I forget exactly.

Here's an example use...

You could use CrazyTalk to have a photo of your friend say whatever you want. You can use an audio file or enter the text. Then, using Hitfilm, you could layer your talking head video on to any video or photo background.

Both programs have way more features than I could ever describe here, but you'll find them both very well documented, both in text manuals and videos.

Good luck!

Ask a Question