Here's my list...

Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently purchased a G4 Mini, 1.42 - I know it's not the best around anymore, but I really wanted to join the Mac frat and it's all I could afford. Since all I do is browse, send emails and watch and listen, I thought it would do the job.

As with all new players, there are certain traps, which I am sure a community like this is hugely aware of. So I thought, why not ask and see what I get back :)

1. My HDD says it has 74gb total capacity. It has just OS X 10.5.8 installed and Firefox and it says there is only 54gb remaining. I've done the obvious, like check photos and music folders for additional data, but I can't find anything. Is OS X 10.5.8 installed really 20gb? If not, where else can I look to find what's eating the data up?

2. More often than not, my display (Samsung syncmaster) displays these vertical squiggley lines. These actually really hurt my eyes. I thought it could be from power supply interference, but separating display and Mac's supplies doesn't really solve it. Any tips here would be greatly appreciated.

3. What would one do about a wifi solution for such a machine? I am competent enough to fit an airport card myself, I just don't see that many on the market anymore, plus the ones I do see are never specified for Mac Mini, always the other G4s. Are USB ones really that bad?

Thanks in advance!
JM

Reaction score
I'm sorry JM but I don't know much about the mac minis to offer you any help, but, a scrounge around google may cast some light on the info you are looking for, there are a lot of mac communities out there too which can offer help, which I don't think I'm allowed to list hear for you.

Ask a Question