There's no go bar

Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what Mac OS version you are using, and 2) what exact Mac model you have.

Also, a better explanation of your issue would help quite a bit. Like, when did this issue start? Have you updated any of your software? What do you mean by program files?

Reaction score
In fact, it's a new mac. I used to have an old macbook.

It's a 21' iMac with Mac OS X in it

By program files I mean the Library, the place I can search deep into the softwares folders and all

Reaction score
In fact, it's a new mac. I used to have an old macbook.

It's a 21' iMac with Mac OS X in it

By program files I mean the Library, the place I can search deep into the softwares folders and all

Surprised the Go menu is missing, given that it is a new Mac (Mac OS X is not very descriptive, but I suspect you either have the last version of Mavericks, OS 10.9.5, or the first version on Yosemite, OS 10.10). The installed OS (assuming you did not do anything "drastic") should be fine. There are actually 3 Library folders. One is directly visible when you click on the icon of your hard disk/partition, one is under the System folder, and one is under your user folder. Which one can't you "see"?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Under  you'll find Force Quit. Select this then choose Finder from the list & click Force Quit. Make sure if you have saved all changes because they will be lost (it tells you about this in the dialogue box).

See if this restores Go to Finder menubar. If so, hold down your Option key as you click on Go.

This will reveal the Library.

Reaction score
Try going into system setting, sharing, and turn file sharing on. I fixed mine that way! If that does not work go into the  at the top left corner at the screen, click force quit, select, finder, then click relaunch. Make sure you do not have any finder windows you want open, open. :) Hope this works!

Ask a Question