Here By Fear. Hacked From Home?

Reaction score
OS X Yosemite
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB

Hi,

It was suggested to me that I move my post into this forum. I am fairly new to Mac.. I guess I've gone through the normal learning curve of iPhone to iPad finally to iMac..

I recently left my job to start my own business and decided to muddle through the final Mac learning curve from the start...I've been on the Mac actively for about three months..During this time I have personally experienced some rough times in my relationship and become extremely suspicious of my live in Girlfriend. Over the last two weeks I have received several messages from Google warning me that they have prevented suspicious sign ins on several different Gmail accounts. Additionally, several other personal Internet accounts seem to have suspicious activity. Earlier this evening I noticed that despite having my location locked off of Google, instead of seeing my normal "unknown" location I saw a location in Virginia... I have noticed This same location has pop up several times over the last few months thought nothing of it. However, with my heightened alert, it dawned on me that there should never be a another location popping up on my google. I then began my quest to solve this mystery..

I began searching in very unfamiliar IMac territory ... At approximately 6pm, I took a break and left my apartment (with my Girlfriend Home). When I returned around 7pm, I decided to check the "Console" on my Desktop to see if there was any activity during my time away..from what I had understood, there should be no activity when I log out and Leave? Well that was certainly not the case.
[/COLOR]
It will be very difficult for me to explain what I saw but I will do my best to make it short and clear.

So at approximately 7:30 PM I am back at my house and begin Looking back at the "Console Log" .....Beginning at 5:46 PM (when I was home and I believe logged into the Mac myself) I see hundreds of messages containing "KodakAiOBonjourAgent:" the messages say things like:

5:46PM Gestalt System Version Block Invoke; 5:47PM dispatch client call out +50, 5:47PM returning 10.9.2 instead of 10.10 and so on...(Girlfriend Not Home)

The things that seemed more concerning to my completely novice mind were things like:

5:50 "(IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent) The_DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform"

5:52PM "Failed entitlement check 'com.apple.private.aps-connection-initiate' for Managedclient"

"5:53PM "identityservicesd: [Warning] Service: com.apple.private.alloy.sms"

*Around 6:00 my GF arrives home..
(We do not share computers)

This same pattern of 10 or 15 similar repeated messages goes on in till 6:07PM when I leave (with no knowledge whatsoever of this taking place)

Even at this point if this was all I saw perhaps I would have not been so concerned. But it was what I saw after I had left that really concerns me..

These are some of the messages from the time I left until the time I returned (this was a marked change from the messages that were coming in while I was here):

*My GF was home at the time

6:09PM "attempted to remove an observer when not observing"

6:09PM "Notification observer: com.apple.faceTime notification NSDoNotdisturbdisabled notification"

6:09PM "Notification observer: com.apple.Ichat notification NSDoNotdisturbdisabled notification

6:09PM "Updating Enabled: Yes"

6:12PM "com.apple.xpc.launched: (com.apple.webkit.networking...."

6:12PM "WindowServer: CGXGetConnectionProperty"

6:22PM Watchdogd: [watchdog_daemon]

The list goes on and on and I certainly don't want to bore all of you...there are lots of messages that say "Bug in Process"; "updates were forcibly disabled by application and right now it looks like there are messages that are saying device generate desktop screen shot...

Thank you so much for reading down to this point!

....any advice is appreciated, including "go to bed, your just paranoid"

(East Coast Boy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question