Newbie here ! Morning !

Reaction score
Just joined. Nice to have a place to discuss stuff and hopefully get answers in a timely fashion.
I got a Apple Mac Mini. Model # I'll have to post later. Wish Apple would put a 'refresh' button on their machines.
Miss that the most from the Windows systems. I have a online friend that helps me now and again, but, think I aggravate her to much LOL I'm afraid she's gonna kick me to the curb ! LOL

Mac OS High Sierra
Version 10.13.6

Reaction score
Welcome, sharke. You will find there are some folks here who are willing to help you out with any issues you are having.

I also have a Mac Mini, a late 2012 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 model. I really like it, but in about a year, I will face an issue with it. From what I have read, OS 10.14, Mojave, will be the last Mac OS I can use with the machine. I thus will need to replace it. Unfortunately, the newer models are not as upgradable as the older ones. For example, I swapped out the slow 1 TB, 5400 rpm internal drive for a much faster Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig SSD, and also upgraded the Ram myself from 4 to 8 gig. Not sure how much I can do with the newer models, though.

In any event, welcome aboard!

Reaction score
Welcome, sharke. You will find there are some folks here who are willing to help you out with any issues you are having.

I also have a Mac Mini, a late 2012 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 model. I really like it, but in about a year, I will face an issue with it. From what I have read, OS 10.14, Mojave, will be the last Mac OS I can use with the machine. I thus will need to replace it. Unfortunately, the newer models are not as upgradable as the older ones. For example, I swapped out the slow 1 TB, 5400 rpm internal drive for a much faster Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig SSD, and also upgraded the Ram myself from 4 to 8 gig. Not sure how much I can do with the newer models, though.

In any event, welcome aboard!

yeah, when I bought mine I had them to put in the faster ram thingy that it starts really fast. Cost more guess that's what U call it I had read where it took liitle while to boot up, so, I opted for the bigger 'engine' so , to speak LOL

Reaction score
yeah, when I bought mine I had them to put in the faster ram thingy that it starts really fast. Cost more guess that's what U call it I had read where it took liitle while to boot up, so, I opted for the bigger 'engine' so , to speak LOL

I am actually been trying to sell that internal drive (installed it inside a nice, slim external Orico Enclosure). The latest models are year 2014, so not sure how long they will be useful after Mojave. I heard they might be coming out with a newer model. We'll see.

Ask a Question