Help

Reaction score
in safari it just gives the you are not connected to the internet and in mozilla the www.google.com cannot be found

ummmmm...........also when i search something in safari the blue load bar thing goes up a bit and just stays there

Reaction score
i just tried again and rebooted etc... but it aint working.....dont worry if you feel you have done all you can or you want to leave to another time, just say i wont mind

Ric

Reaction score
No worrys ! will be off to sleep soon !

Sounds like 'you' are connected to the Interent...but have no DNS server...

try typing this into the Safari address bar

That is the IP address of Google...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
If that doesn't work...

Ben101 said:
if it helps....again before when the internet was working i definatly remember the ip adress starting with an 82.

Your ADSL Modem is running something called a DHCP server...this will give out IP Addresses to anyone (Computer) that needs one...so when you're Mac gets turned on it doesn't have an IP address...them ADSL Modem 'assigns' it one...

The original pictures that you posted showed us that the ADSL Modem has an IP Address of 192.168.1.1

So to connect to the Internet your Mac would need to have an IP address of

192.168.1.2 to 192.168.255 or anything in between...

The network mask needs to be 255.255.255.0

And the 'Gateway' or 'Router' address needs to be 192.168.1.1

This is the address of your ADSL Modem.

You can Manually configure the Mac, this may help if you are still having problems...try something like this...

bennetwork01.jpg

Again apply after making the change and then reboot.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
ok i will do that now.....i tried typing in the ip adress of google but that didnt work....be right back

Reaction score
nope still not working :(.........look mate i really need some sleep now thanks so soooooo much for your help but im sure your tired as well, i will come back hopefully tommorow for an update on the situation??.....

cheers

Ben

Ask a Question