Help with Power G4 Graphics problem

Reaction score
Trying to salvage my son's Power G4 Graphics ... problem started with grinding sound then no video. Won't shut down with reboot button ... unplug and restart, fans run, dvd drive runs but no startup sound and no access to hard drive. Suspecting a hard drive failure I have replaced with an identical new drive (hard to find) and still no response to reboot button, video, and new hard drive. Tried rebooting with original install cd to no avail. Any ideas or should I toss it. Thanks for any response.

Reaction score
no startup sound
Thats the key, when the Mac starts up it does a self test, no Chime no Go.

G4 is way past its use by date. Best MacBook Pro is the 15", the best iMac is the i7, but they are all great bang for your buck!

Reaction score
Kaveman,
Thanks for the reponse ... knew it was way out of date but wanted to try. Thanks for the replacement suggestions.

Reaction score
P.S. Don't know if it makes any difference but I am now getting the start up chime everytime I push the reboot button but the computer does not reboot, I have to shut off the power strip to shut it down.

Ask a Question