Help Using LaCie DVDRW ...

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to burn my files to a DVD disc, using my LaCie SuperWrite Master Speed Plus.

I tried using Toast 9 that is on the CD, but it's not working.

I'm sure there is a simple solution .....

My computer is a MacPro 2.93GHz, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Help!!

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured out how to burn the DVDs. Used the old application, Disc Burner, but it doesn't have any option, no menu, absolutely nothing! Just one click, "BURN." That's it. No settings, no preferences, nothing.

Just burn, and be done. The app wouldn't even allow me to name my disc! And when I finished burning the 2.4GB of data, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data, even though the DVD is a double-layer (8.5 GB data).

I also tried using Toast Basic NV, which worked. I was able to name the disc, and burn around 8GB of data. Again, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data.

Looks like I'll be burning to the discs only once in a great while (like once or twice a year, since I'll have to burn everything all over again. What a waste!

I'll be using SDHC cards for updating my files frequently, and also updating files to my two external hard drives.

Maybe I can find some way to do Multiple Sessions with CDs ....

Reaction score
"Maybe I can find some way to do Multiple Sessions with CDs ...."
You can achieve this using Disk Utility. Follow the steps below and you should be in business.

1.In Disk Utility, create a disk image that contains the files you want to burn to the disc.
The files must be from a partition with a Mac OS Extended disk format. To check a partition’s format, select the disk in Disk Utility, and look at the information at the bottom of the Disk Utility window.

2.Select the disk image in the list at the left, and then choose Images > Burn.

3.Select the “Leave disc appendable” checkbox. If you don’t see this option, click the triangle in the upper-right corner.

4.Insert a blank recordable CD in the optical drive and click Burn.
To add more files to the disc later, follow the steps above. You can continue this process until all available space on the disc is used.

Ask a Question