Video issues using Safari but not chrome - Help

Reaction score
Using Macbook Air ..El Capitan..
Recently having issues with videos when using safari..works ok in chrome. Videos have have these black lines around forms and over different areas of picture kind of randomly .. looks like a photo negative. Very bad and distracting and can't really watch video. Please advise on how to remedy.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
make sure you have all the available software updates from apple then if issue still persists try resetting safari from menu

safari~>reset safari

the 'remove website data' option will log you out of any website like facebook so ensure you have your username/passwords ...

also if this doesn't resolve the issue upload a screenshot, seeing the issue would help.

Reaction score
make sure you have all the available software updates from apple then if issue still persists try resetting safari from menu

safari~>reset safari

the 'remove website data' option will log you out of any website like facebook so ensure you have your username/passwords ...

also if this doesn't resolve the issue upload a screenshot, seeing the issue would help.
Here is a few screen shots to give you an idea before I do a reset of Safari... Let me know if you think I should still do a reset ... I was wondering if the video program safari uses might be the reason.. is that quicktime?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.59.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.59.48 PM.png
    384 KB · Views: 324
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.58.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.58.57 PM.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 332
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.58.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.58.28 PM.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 317

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
are you up-to-date with Software Update?

Are they 3 separate videos? From the same website or different sites?

Do you have any safari plug-ins?

Reaction score
Safari ~> Preferences ~> Extensions
I had one search extension that I deleted.
I am hesitant about resetting Safari because I have so many passwords in it. Is there a way to copy to a file all the passwords before I try resetting Safari?

Reaction score
I just deleted Mackeeper ... which sometimes load on my computer somehow... and I restarted the computer and the video problem seems gone. Thank you.

However, I have this one notification window that keeps coming up.... Exchange Password Required for one of my email accounts which worked fine before this started to happen. When I press continue and put in the password.. it says the account already exists... and I can't figure out how to get rid of this notification ... If I close the notification, it just comes back on in a short time.

Reaction score
How did you remove MacKeeper? This link explains everything:

http://www.macworld.com/article/286...how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-from-your-mac.html

that needs to be done to remove all the "pieces" associated with it.

The other way one can do it (this actually works for just about any application) is to download the excellent freeware application AppCleaner:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

After installing it in your Applications folder, just launch it, and then drag the software from the Applications Folder which you want to remove to AppCleaner's window. AppCleaner finds all the "pieces" associated with that application.

Last edited:

Ask a Question