Lion causing all programs to lock up - HELP!

Reaction score
Hi...I have a MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM) running Lion OSX 10.7 Since I upgraded to Lion just about every program on my computer (iMail, iCal, iTunes, Photoshop, iPhoto...everything) will lock up. It happens one of two ways...either a program will lock up (it's open, I get the spinning wheel, and the only way to fix it is to do an Option/Command/Esc and force quit) and I have to shut it down and relaunch, or a program will lock up and, in the midst of trying to force quit, it will lock up the whole computer. If the latter happens, the only way to fix it is to hold down the power button and shut down. It's getting incredibly frustrating and I can't seem to find any help online for this issue. Any help anyone here might have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Reaction score
What help can we give? It could be anything, I would guess there is something non-Apple installed thats running something in the background, causing the problem. Adobe, Google or MSoft apps would be the prime suspects.

At this point I'd say do Carbon Copy Cloner back up, clean install Snow and iLife, re-Upgrade and migrate back in your user space. Add any additional Apps one at a time after confirming they are ok on Lion.

Ask a Question