Help!! New user and mac not responding!!

Reaction score
Someone please help!

My kepyboard seems to have died and I just dont understand it. Have been watching a dvd, ejected it and went away from desk for five mins. I have set up my laptop so that when I am away it locks and I have to type in my password to access it again. I have returned and I cannot type in my password as most of my keys are not working, I cannot shut down or anything!!

Very sad new mac person, completely in the dark......needs your help urgently!

Thanks

Flossie

Reaction score
Hello Flossie and Welcome!

How is it working now after the fix? Let us know if you need further help with anything!

Searay

Reaction score
Hi Searay

Thanks very much for your reply. As loathed as I am to admit it, the bloody 'num lock' was on!! Aaahhhhh.....

Hence, half of my keyboard was working and half wasn't - I am in a well lit office and couldn't see the light on the number lock.....naturally I'm very glad to have worked it out, I thought my lovely new toy was broken....phew!

So thanks again for replying, I'm very grateful. As I am quite a 'technophobe' I may call on you again at some point in the future, if you have no objections?

Regards

Flossie

Reaction score
Hello again Flossie

I know exactly what you mean. I bring my computer to class sometimes and can't see if caps lock or num lock is on under the florescent lights.

No objections here if you need any help! Just let us know! Take Care!

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

thats caught us all out at one time or another !

;-)

regards

Ric

Ask a Question