Help with bypassing Casperuser on school mac

Discussion in 'Programming' started by JohnSmith123, Jun 6, 2015.

1. JohnSmith123

JohnSmith123 New Member

Recently our school distributed macs to all the students. We immediately found out that there was a program preventing certain things from being accessed. This includes changing certain settings, accessing certain files, downloading applications, changing passwords, etc. It is very annoying and me and many others have attempted to bypass it. In accounts the administrator is called casperuser. After doing research i discovered that this can be bypassed in terminal but mainly only using sudo and root. Every time I try a command it says ' To proceed, enter your password ' but the password for admin or caspuer is blocked. Is there a way to bypass the restrictions but still keep all of my files and information the same?

JohnSmith123, Jun 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. JohnSmith123

Cory Cooper Moderator

Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately we cannot help you with your question. We don't condone or support bypassing security measures put in place by a school system or business. That would actually constitute a breach of security and violate your end-user agreement. That user and any security profiles and/or settings were put there by the school IT department for reasons such as protecting their network, allowing access to network shared file locations, printers and services, and for the ability to remotely diagnose and manage the computer. In addition, if that user or security profiles/settings were to be bypassed/removed, their IT department would be aware and could lead to the inability to access the school's network resources, or disciplinary actions due to failure to comply with their end-user agreement in which they could require you to return their equipment.

Sorry about that, but if you have any usage questions, we would be more than happy to help you out.

C

Cory Cooper, Jun 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements