HELP! keyboard not working!

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for not knowing if this is the right board to post this

I just did an upgrade on my mac and I can't type anything (im using a friends computer)

at first I thought it was this problem: http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=883

but I reset my computer and I can't type in the password to get pass the log-in menu!

help! what do I do?

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for not knowing if this is the right board to post this

I just did an upgrade on my mac and I can't type anything (im using a friends computer)

at first I thought it was this problem: http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=883

but I reset my computer and I can't type in the password to get pass the log-in menu!

help! what do I do?
Is this a laptop or a desktop Mac? If it's a desktop Mac, For starters, are you sure that your keyboard is securely connected to your Mac?
Have you tried using a different keyboard?

Reaction score
For starters, are you sure that your keyboard is securely connected to your Mac?
Have you tried using a different keyboard?

Yup, i'm pretty sure. I even unplugged it and put it back in. I don't have another keyboard on hand.

Thanks for any help you have to give.

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions but what did you mean by saying "I just did an upgrade on my mac"? What kind of an upgrade? I'm also curious about the word "reset". Did you mean "restart"?

System update, sort to speak. I get one a couple times a month when my computer reminds me to do so.

Yes and I meant restart~

Reaction score

That certainly limits our options. The only things left that I can think of (without the use of a keyboard) is to unplug the Mac for an hour or so and try the keyboard again, simply "play around" with the cable that goes from the keyboard to the usb port, and, or disconnect everything from your Mac with the exception of the keyboard and try again. I'm sure that others will chime in with some additional info.

Reaction score
That certainly limits our options. The only things left that I can think of (without the use of a keyboard) is to unplug the Mac for an hour or so and try the keyboard again, simply "play around" with the cable that goes from the keyboard to the usb port, and, or disconnect everything from your Mac with the exception of the keyboard and try again. I'm sure that others will chime in with some additional info.

we'll I'll see what happens~

Thanks!

Ask a Question