help in adding a printer...

Reaction score
I have had a MacBook for a few months now and used to run it with a Hewlitt Packard All-In-One Printer... Unfortunately, I moved so I had to leave my printer behind and I had to buy a Lexmark which I hate and have always had problems with them... Can someone please help me to install it my Lexmark printer to use with my Mac as my job requires that I have a printer ASAP...When I insert the desk I get a bunch of files and I try to open the .exe file but it does not open properly... How can I use the "Add Hardware" feature to add this Lexmark printer if the desk is not automatically helping my Mac detect the new hardware ?? In short, how can I add this Lexmark printer best easier and best way possible... ?? Thanks in advance and Macs rule !!

Reaction score
It sounds like the drivers you have are for a PC.

Have you tried just printing a document and seeing if the computer recognizes it automatically? I have an HP all-in-one and didn't need to install anything or even change any preferences, it just recognized it right away when I plugged in the USB.

If it doesn't, a good idea would be to look for a Mac driver on the Lexmark support website.

Ask a Question