Help! How do I change a port for logmein in Mac OS X Moutain lion

Reaction score

Apparently Logmein free makes use of port 2002 in mac OS X Mountain Lion. I need to use that for some new accounting software. How do I change the part in Mountain Lion and how would I do an install of Logmein on the computer to use another port or how, with Logmein currently installed do I change from port 2002 to some other port.

I guess that the broader question is how do you change/assign ports in Mac Os x Mountain Lion?

Thanks for you help.

Tom in Dallas

Reaction score
change/assign ports
normally this is set in the software and not user settable. A port is one end of a 2 way communication, computer 1 sends information to a port that computer 2 is listening on, then computer 2 replies. If you change the port number on one end how would the computer on the other end know?

Reaction score
normally this is set in the software and not user settable. A port is one end of a 2 way communication, computer 1 sends information to a port that computer 2 is listening on, then computer 2 replies. If you change the port number on one end how would the computer on the other end know?
I am aware of that. But on logmein port 2002 on the mac and windows os is just a listening port. In windows I just change in the registry and everything is fine- no issues at all. Just trying to find out how to change the porrt on a Mac as the BBJ software wants port 2002 and instead of making hundreds of changes in Add-On software, I would just want to make one for Logmein.

Tom in Dallas

Ask a Question