HELP! Garage Band won't start after re-installing!

Reaction score
I have a problem with G Band. I get this message: The Instrument Library is invalid. GarageBand expects a valid Instrument Library folder in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand.
Please choose a valid Instrument Library folder or quit and re-install GarageBand.

I have read the threads to solve this problem and I have followed all of them but to no use. I have re-installed, deleted GB files, ran systems permissions....yada. But I still can't load GB. Here is what I have: iMac, running OS X 10.4.10, I have a systems disk in lieu of the GB actual software disks. Now the reason I am here is because my HD burned out a few days ago and had a new one installed. The technician transfered all of my old files to the new HD. Everything else is working fine except GB. HELP! I NEED A GB FIX.

wendelswerk:mad:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
How did you reinstall GB? Do you have the Software Install & Restore Discs that would have came with your Mac? Or do you have the Universal Software Install & Restore Discs? The latter have a Large X on the discs.

Usually, you would require Pacifist to extract the GB files from the install Disc.

AFAIK, if you have the model specific Software Installation Discs then GB would be bundled with them if you have Tiger discs. The Full Retail Universal Discs may require a separate iLife Disc purchase.

I'm not 100% on that though and maybe someone else could clarify it.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sounds the the technician didn't copy everything...

It sounds like the easiest way to proceed would be to do an Archive and Install and reload the OS and Garage Band at the same time...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question