Hard Drive H$#%

Reaction score
I recently received a Mac G3 (blue and white) 350 MHZ 256 MB RAM and a 12 GB hard drive. The problem is when I try to swap the 12 GB Hard drive and an 80 GB hard drive but it cant seem to load OS X on the 80 GB. So when I run disk utility and verify it, it fails and fails no matter what I do. I have another G3 with the same Hard drive and it works fine. But when I swap the Hard drive from my other G3 (the working one) the G3 I just got won't boot. it gets to the Apple icon in OS X and then a black box appears. I have it jumpered right and tried swapping cables but no luck. Now when I put the 12 GB back in and try to load OS X on it it has no problems. But if I do it for the 80 GB it wont load OS X. whats the deal? How can the hard drive work in one mac but not the other when there identical?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sorry for the delay...

have you got any further ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yeah, I finally got it. it was a rev 1 motherboard and was being a pain. for some reason when I set the 80 GB as master it was having problems. I set it up as slave and OS X thinks its master. No idea why but its working :)

Ask a Question