green and blue displays!!!

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have a dual 2.3 GHz G5, v.10.4.2, hooked up to two flat panel displays. It's nearly two years old.
A couple of months ago the left display became predominantly green, and the right predominantly blue. I asked around and the general view was that the graphics card (ATI radeon 128mb) was faulty. I've finally replaced the card (same maker, 256 mb) and the displays remain the same, green and blue. Having established it isn't the card at fault, does anyone out there have any ideas as to what the problem is?

Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

ps: it's definately not the LCD's either, I've checked those out.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

If you are sure the hardware is not at falut..then it must be the software !

Does it display the same effects if you create a new user account ?

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

can you take a pic of the monitors so that we can see it ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Sorry Ric,

I've been insanely busy the last couple of days. I haven't got round to taking a picture yet, I'll try and sort it tonight.

A friend of mind who works at the Mac store in London said if it wasn't the monitors or the graphics card causing the problem, there was a good chance something had gone wrong on the logic board and it would be a very expensive fix. Does this make sense to you?

Many thanks

Tom

Ask a Question