GoFlex NAS

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to setup my GoFlex Media share (with two GoFlex 1Tb hard drives in the media share) as a NAS. I have connected the GoFlex to my router (WiFi and ethernet) via an ethernet cable. My iMac is connected to the router via an ethernet cable as well.

The GoFlex comes with Pogoplug software that uses a web interface to manage the hard drives. Through the pogo plug software I can get a web address for each of the hard drives copy files to the hard rives etc, but the pogo plug software keeps hanging when you try to backup to it or even just access it. It bogs down the whole Mac and until you force quit Pogoplug you can't get control back of the Mac. In general the Pogoplug software that comes with the GoFlex is driving me crazy.

I want to be able to see the GoFlex's through my iMac, but they don't appear in the network. when I use the web address that I get from the Pogoplug software for each hard drive, it is not recognised by the network.

Ultimately I want to be able to use the GoFlex to store all my media files on and be able to access from any of my devices connected to my router.

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Someone please help me!

Cheers

Greg

Ask a Question