Cannot copy files from NAS to MacBook

Reaction score
I've looked around forum and couldn't find a solution. I could have missed it so don't get too mad if the answer is already out there.

Anyways the computer is on a network with a windows workgroup but the NAS is a Linux based. Long story short I can log in and access small files but when I to copy files "There is a problem with the file and it cannot be copied." Here's the weird part, opening large videos err out since it cannot open them but opening up jpegs is ok. I check the info on the files and it says under "Sharing & Permissions" that I can both read and write. Hmmmm. My mac is configured for the windows workgroup and I'm able to access the NAS through my other computers which are running WinXP.

Perplexing, most of the other threads talk about sharing files on the mac. Which isn't the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to anyone who helps.

Ask a Question