G5 tower won't shut down, log out, or restart.

Reaction score
I cleared out all of the crappy software my friend put on it the other day, cleared out space on the comp, closed out all apps, and then ran 'disc utility'.

i am unable to click the 'rapair' option under volume, and the following error appears:
Picture 1.jpg

i'm going to try and do the start up disc thing...but i'm just shooting in the dark here..which usually isn't such a grand plan, so any thoughts or suggestions will be much apreciatiated!!! thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 486

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

sorry I missed this one !

Best plan, as you've suggested, run Disk Utility whilst booting up from the CD/DVD drive...

Let us know how you got on !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

I'm getting the same error message as lezziexual, but I am unable to restart. It's my fault. I took a older external hard drive and loaded the drivers for it onto my computer. Why? I knew I had messed up right after I loaded the drivers. Now the computer works ok. I just have to force the computer to shut down by holding the power button. I tried to boot off of Disk Warrior CD, but the computer will not. I reset the SMU, (pushing that small button inside the G5 tower.) no luck. I am running 10.4.7, so I can't upgrade anymore. Any suggestions?

Jason

Ask a Question