Mail (Sierra) on MacPro 2012 tower (refurb) won't connect to Email

Reaction score
I have recently bought a Mac Pro 2010-12 (MP2012) tower to replace my old Mac Pro early 2008 (MPE2008) so I can take advantage of Apple's latest software. However, I have hit two problems:
Problem #1, I have been unable to get Apple Mail to connect to my Email account.
Problem #2, after installing Parallels v.13, and attempting to install Windows XP, the result is a Windows Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD).

Details are as follows:
Problem #1. My Email address/account is (e-mail address removed). The MPE2008 connects to Email just fine except that it uses an external Boise Wi-Fi adaptor, with its own settings. The MP2012 finds the Wi-Fi signal automatically using its built-in Wi-Fi capability. I have entered all the data exactly the same (supposedly) as on my old MPE2008, but the MP2012 keeps returning the notice "Unable to verify the account name or password."
NB My Google a/c works just fine, but that's not where my Emails are collecting.

Problem #2. In trying to install Windows XP on Parallels v.13, installation from the Windows CD appears to go fine until the very end when it quits with a BSOD. The BSOD is the kind: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

#1 - Because this account is your own domain, it sounds like your login credentials or mail server settings may be incorrect. Who is your ISP/Mail Host?

#2 - Which exact version of Windows XP? Is it an OEM or retail disc?

A few other questions:
-Which exact model Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - MacPro5,1?
-How much and what brands are the RAM sticks?
-Any other third-party modifications in the Mac Pro - hard drive, graphics cards, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Thanks Gary for your reply. Re problem #1 with Email I have it resolved - I finally found the right combination by trial and error. I am not sure where the problem was but I can post the settings as a setoff screen clips if anyone is interested.
On Problem #2, I got Parallels to help me out. It transpires that I had a conflict with my disc drive and the hardrives need to be set to "1" and not the two "as recommended".
Yes, the mac is a MacPro5,1 and yes the Windows XP is a proper retail disc.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Sounds like you got it sorted out - sorry it took us so long to respond.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question