G4 Won't Turn On

Reaction score
When I try to turn it on, as long as I press the power button, the light on the button will stay on, however, it will not turn the Mac on at all. When I let go, the light simply fades off. It still has energy running through it, it seems, but I don't know what it may be.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I just put a new psu into it. Trued the resed switch and put in a new battery. Red led is on inside but thats it. What else could it be?

Reaction score
Sorry, should have posted how we fixed it. When we took the battery out, we also forgot to unplug it. When putting it back in and allowing the power to reset in the system, it ended up working!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Diversion and welcome !

sorry we missed this one. Glad you got it working !

Hi there countryman and welcome !

have you got yours working yet ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
hey all, i tried unpluging it, still nothing. i just brought it in to the genius bar for a quick look, they wernt sure either...anyone have any other ideas what could be wrong with it?

Reaction score
i JUST had the same problem, but taking the battery out did the trick for me. once the battery is out and the AC is disconnected, press the power button anyway to totally drain it of any current, (not that it should matter)

Reaction score
I think my mac is a G4 Silver, 2 cd drives, 3 hard drive spaces, etc. I think it's a G4 Silver anyway, and I'm having the same problem. I don't know much about it, but I press the power button, and let go, to start it, and nothing happens. The white LED behind the power buttun lights up, and faaadddessss..... away. I don't know what to do! Give me simple instructions, please on how to start it up... I don't know computer terms... at all. Before, I could unplug and replug it a few times, and it would start, but then I would be doing something and it would cut out, and shut down... about a week ago, that was. Now it just doesn't start up at all, no fan, just a fading LED light... WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER!!!! dual processer, 1.25 ghz each, 2 cd drives, 3 hard drive spaces, and 3 hard drives installed, never had this problem before a year ago, and then I could just uplug replug it and it would work fine.... PLEASE HELP ME!!! SIMPLY!!!! I want my G4 back, not this old 500 mhz iMac I'm using right now... :(. I'll try and find a picture of my kind of G4 for better explanation, here it is: http://homepage.mac.com/sandwich/ecentre_images/0301pmg4_hero.jpg Please help me!

Ask a Question