G4 won't boot.

Reaction score
My 1999 450 G4 won't boot, boot up tone works, little circle spins and there is a ugly green screen. Have tested many components. Reseated all the cards, the RAM, put in new battery today, power supply is ok. Tried to open with Disc Warrior, the icon shows up when holding the option, when punch the arrow it still will not boot. Start up wheel spins and then monitor just shuts down. Cleared the PRAM holding down all four keys, still no luck booting up.

Have two 120 GB hard drives, Ram is 1.2 Ordered a new video card today from Other World computing. When I took it to the Apple repair shop in Springfield they said it worked finally, got it home and it still did not work. Do not think they fixed it at the store. They did say they could tell the hard drives where ok. Three hundred mile round trip to Springfield, want to fix it here in Alton, MO

Only thing left after all that is a rebuilt logic board? Where can I buy one of those? Help?
Thanks
John R:)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Didn't the Apple repair techs give a professional diagnosis besides telling you they were able to eventually get it to boot finally and that the HDs were ok ..... ?

Ask a Question