G4 Quicksilver

Reaction score
I have 2nd hand g4 quicksilver it came with no hard drive put one in but get the flashing question mark, but it will not let me boot up from the cd i hold down c on the key board i here the cd spining but no boot up.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you please provide the exact specifications of the G4 QS, eg: is it the Quicksilver (July 2001), the QuickSilver (2002) or the QuickSilver (2002ED).

I realise you just picked this mac up 2nd hand and probably don't know it's specs due to it not booting, but the more info you provide the easier it is to offer help or advice.

Also do you know if there is an installed OS?

What type of disc do you have? I also need as much info re: the installation disc, especially what the label looks like.

Reaction score
Quicksilver (July 2001) 733mhz model no: m8493

no installed OS I put the hard drive in its a 40 GB western digital

will not boot up from cd i hold down c on the keyboard have tried os9 and osx

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Is the Western Digital 40GB an Ultra ATA/66 hard drive? What is the serial number and speed of the HD? The original HD that your Mac had was 5400rpm and I'm not sure what other HDs are compatible at the moment as I'm still searching around for clues.

Do you know how the HD is formatted?

Reaction score
how can you tell if it a Ultra ATA/66 hard drive i looked at it has enhanced IDE hard drive.

i did format the hard drive on my emac

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
how can you tell if it a Ultra ATA/66 hard drive

I guess if you google the serial/type of HD you will come up with the answer .... the format you chose is important too, shotgun ...

Ask a Question