Help with my power Mac G4 (quicksilver)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the Mac world and I've been wanting to make the switch from windows to apple for a long time. Well I was offered an older Mac for free and i took it which is the power Mac g4. Figured it would be a nice starting Mac to get the feel. Anyway yesterday when I brough the computer home for the first time I plugged it in using an extra regular three prong connection I had and used my old Dell monitor cable to connect it to my 47" sharp LCD the computer started up fine and the imagine was fine on the tv aswell. I really didn't get a chance to mess with it cause I had to go run an errand, so I shut it off. When I came back and turned the Mac on the screen just stayed black the Mac isn't booting I can hear the fan running and the power button light blinks but nothing else happens. I tried connecting it to a regular computer screen and same thing no booting. So I'm truly lost at what happen since it was working fine one min and the next it's not. Well I'm hoping someone in this forum might be able to help me and provide me with the information I need to get it going again (if even possible) again I'm a newbie to Mac so a step by step would be nice :)

Ask a Question