Help G4 Quicksilver won't turn on

Reaction score
I have a Power Mac G4 Model M8493 running OS X 10.5.2. I have been letting a friend use this machine to play around with iPhone SDK and he wanted to put more RAM in it since it had 2 empty slots. He tried putting the RAM in and the computer didn't recognize it (I think it gave an error at start up but I don't recall). He then read that you have to reset the PRAM, he pressed some button inside the machine located near the little battery and now it won't turn on. We tried removing the RAM he put in but that didn't help. When you press the power button on the tower it only stays on as long as you are pressing it and then fades out. We also tried pressing the button again once we removed the RAM but that seemed to do nothing. The machine makes no sounds. I've read people having similar problems but I'm not sure if they are using the same hardware.
Are there any easy solutions? And what would be the best place to start if I need to start checking to see if any hardware is fried?
Thanks!

Ask a Question