G4(AGP Model) and Adaptec AHA-3940UWD

Reaction score
Hi Folks!.. I'm having trouble starting my G4 with an ADAPTEC AHA-3940UWD(mac) in 1 of the PCI slots. The computer freezes on a gray screen. Without the ADAPTEC card the computer starts perfectly. Hope someone could give me some hints on whats going on and possible solutions. Could it be that I need a specific or earlier version of OS9? right now I have 9.2.1 installed. Or could it be anything else besides the OS?

Thanks in advance for any assistance... Its really an emergency!

My G4:

Power Mac G4(AGP Model) 450MHz
640Mb RAM
OS 9.2.1

Reaction score
Hi Folks!.. I'm having trouble starting my G4 with an ADAPTEC AHA-3940UWD(mac) in 1 of the PCI slots. The computer freezes on a gray screen. Without the ADAPTEC card the computer starts perfectly. Hope someone could give me some hints on whats going on and possible solutions. Could it be that I need a specific or earlier version of OS9? right now I have 9.2.1 installed. Or could it be anything else besides the OS?

Thanks in advance for any assistance... Its really an emergency!

My G4:

Power Mac G4(AGP Model) 450MHz
640Mb RAM
OS 9.2.1
If you haven't already, you might want to contact Adaptec and ask them if this particular card is compatible with a Mac.
http://snapappliances.com/en-US/support/scsi/3940/AHA-3940UWD/index.htm

Ask a Question