Frozen Programs ( Spinning ball of death)

Reaction score
Hi, I am a first timer, and by no means a techie, as I dont always know the technical terms to use, or understand them. I do however have great problem with the "Spinning Ball Of Death" as they describe it in the books, which none of the solutions work that they recomend. So if any one has a tip to get me back on track , short of shutting down every time......:confused: Thank you for any advice.

Enya

Reaction score
One starting point is repairing permissions. According to Apple, occasionally the user permissions associated with files or applications become damaged, which can prevent a file or application from working as it should. See this article. So, you might want to try to run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions." See if that helps.

Reaction score
Thank you Egideo for the advice, I dont know wot all that is, as I said before I dont know all the lingo. But will give it a try.

Enya :)

Reaction score
hi my name is legoboy e-mail me at ***email removed by moderator***(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
It's not good idea to post email addresses in public forums. Spammers love to harvest emails from these forums. Furthermore, the whole idea of a public forum is post replies in the forum so that we can all learn.

Ask a Question