Frozen iCal with Server Error Message

Reaction score
I copied from MS Word and pasted to "notes" on new event. It was lengthy. It responded with a full page alert of Server Error! followed by a copy of the entire note. All iCal menus and activities are disabled and nothing works, including closing ical. Tried force quit and restart, restart of computer and nothing works. Turning off wifi permits new events and deleting the problem event (note). When turning on wifi, problem resumes. The problem event which was deleted, also returns.

Turning off iCloud eliminates problem and also all my calendar events, past and present. How can I undo this??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?

You could try logging into iCloud via Safari, click on Calendar, and delete that event. Then turn on iCloud and Calendars, open the app, and see if it returns.

C

Reaction score
Thank you Cory,
Tried the iCloud delete and it did not take away the server error message. my OS X version is Yosemite 10.10.3

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try clearing the iCal Cache …

1. Quit iCal if it's running.
2. In Finder, hold the Opt key & click on Go in the Finder menu. This will show your user Library in the menu.
3. Navigate to Library~>Calendars~>Calendar Cache & make a copy of "Calendar Cache", move it to your Desktop then move the original "Calendar Cache" to the trash.
4. Navigate to Library~>Caches~>com.apple.iCal, make a copy of "Cache.db", move it to your Desktop then move the original "Cache.db" to the trash.
5. Empty the Trash then restart your Mac
6. Restart iCal

Reaction score
Try clearing the iCal Cache …

1. Quit iCal if it's running.
2. In Finder, hold the Opt key & click on Go in the Finder menu. This will show your user Library in the menu.
3. Navigate to Library~>Calendars~>Calendar Cache & make a copy of "Calendar Cache", move it to your Desktop then move the original "Calendar Cache" to the trash.
4. Navigate to Library~>Caches~>com.apple.iCal, make a copy of "Cache.db", move it to your Desktop then move the original "Cache.db" to the trash.
5. Empty the Trash then restart your Mac
6. Restart iCal

Spawn Dooley,
I can't find {Navigate to Library~>Caches~>com.apple.iCal }, the com.apple.ical can't be found. I upgraded to 10.10.4 last night., just for info.
I performed the 1st step and for now it seem to have fixed it. Sometimes there is a delay in it returning however, so we'll see. What do I do with the calendar cache I moved to the desktop?

Last edited:

Ask a Question