Free down loads and software clearence

Reaction score
Hi All

I have recently downloaded free trials for different software i.e Light room, photo shop etc. They have now come to an end. Can anyone tell me if they leave software on my hard drive? and if so how do you delete them?

I have also got some software loaded on my computer that I no longer want, how do I delete this, just drag to trash or is there a better way.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Rowbo

osx Leopard

Mac Mini 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
There are no doubt a plethora of 3rd party apps that will all do what you want but I prefer to use the System Preference Pane; AppTrap.

AppTrap is a completely free utility for uninstalling applications on Mac OS X. Whenever you drag an application to the trash, a dialog window will pop up, asking if you want to delete the associated system files too. Simple as that.

As for any expired free trials of software you installed, they most likely have left stuff on your Mac's HD but in the grand scheme of things those files would amount to a very small amount.

If you want, do a Spotlight search for files containing the name of Light Room, Photo Shop etc and delete anything you find. Please take care though not to delete something important as Spotlight will show files that although may contain the keywords, might not be related and may be needed. Use discretion.

Right/Control-Click on an item in the search results and select "Reveal in Finder" as this can sometimes help you narrow down the results.

Ask a Question