Fonts causing macbook pro to crash

Reaction score
Hi!

I seem to be having problems with fonts (as far as I can tell). The problem is when I start my MBP (10.7.3), as of yesterday it completely freezes as soon as any applications are opened. Starting in safe mode works fine and all applications seem to work ok though.

Another thing I have noticed is that when mail opens (just before locking up) in normal mode, the fonts used are different to what they are normally - this is partly what makes me think it's a fonts issue?

I've tried replacing the user fonts folder as well as the main fonts folder (not the system library fonts folder) with a backup from a month or so ago whilst in safe mode although this doesn't seem to help. Would I need to clear any caches or anything for this to have an effect though?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I seem to have fixed the issue now though by booting back into safe mode then restarting again with the backup of the user fonts folder in place.

Ask a Question