Installing fonts onto my Mac -- not showing up in Word?

Reaction score
Hello there! I am playing on my new Mac I got from my school district. I installed my old fonts from my PC to my computer and they all show up in Font Book. However, when I open Word, they do not appear in my drop down menu. When I open a document with one of the installed fonts used from my PC, the font does not show up correctly. I googled the issue and everything I find does not work. When I double click the font in Font Book it says "installed". I figured maybe it was some conversion error, but other colleagues with the same computer have had no issues with the fonts.

Ideas? Thanks so much! I am about to go crazy!

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have already restarted my computer a few different times. Also my software is up to date (if that matters).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-What version of Mac OS X and Microsoft Word are you running?
-How did you install the fonts?

C

Reaction score
I am using 10.7.4 and version 14.2.1 of Word. I installed my fonts by dragging them into the fonts folder. Probably 1/2 of them are working just fine in Word. Again... they are in my font book and showing up but not in Word.

Ask a Question