Font Book is freaking out!

Reaction score
I have been racking my brain on this one. I was messing around with Font Book, trying to find specific characters (fractions, which I can find, just can't figure out what key combination to use). Anyway, I checked a box in the Special Character Palette window (I think is said something like Show Characters in Application) and now a window pops up on my screen every time I do anything, in every application. This window is called Character Palette, and appears for just a second. I have tried opening Font Book and choosing Special Characters in the Edit menu, but nothing happens. This window is driving me crazy. Any ideas? Using OS 10.4.11 on a Dual G5

Thanks,
Chuck White

Reaction score
Check your System Preferences > International > Input Menu and see what you have checked there. If that doesn't solve the problem, you might also try repairing permissions to see if that fixes the problem.

Ask a Question